Friday 20 August 2010

New Version Update #7

Hey all,
Hope you are well. Seriously I do.

Decided on a 'pre-emptive strike' by posting an update now.

But firstly a recap summary:
'Man of honour with very limited funds attempt to make world class version of his successful boxing management game. Having been messed about and let down by FOUR different designers and after encountering multiple work and life hazzards our hero continues on his heroic quest...'
Ok. a little overdramatic perhaps! :)

So, update.
Firstly the good news which is worthy of some Capitalisation, colourisation and emboldening:
NEW OFFICE DESIGN COMPLETED!!!!
That's right, I've found a designer who's not only good but can actually (wait for it...) 'complete the task he's been set to the satisfaction of the client' I know! Gonna be keep this guy busy for a loooooong time!
Wanna see? 'course you do. Here's your new office boxing managers:


Secondly, the good news:
CODE 'SHEENANIGANS' OVERCOME!!!
Programmer is my hero and the reason progress is slow is for the following statement to be associated with Boxing Manager for the first time ever: Rock Solid.

Thirdly, the bad news: (too good to last)
Encountered some platform related troubles which were unforseen (basically a third party update) which has put us back a little. Nothing we can't handle though and will be hurdled by the beginning of September.
SEPTEMBER!!! Am I the only one who thinks this year is flying by?

As always, my favourite people, Box On!
Anthony.

5 comments:

ken said...

great man!. looking forward to it. screen shot looks great.
how will the actual fights look?

ken said...

the office is a HUGE improvement over the origonal

Anonymous said...

1 year 6 months and still no game u made the best boxing managment game ever in early 2000s but i honestly think this version will never get finished by the time you do it will be outdated for the new windows sorry mate for been so down hearted but its the way i feel now i check this site every 2 weeks and getmore and more down hearted i thought this game was a cert for pre xmas 2010

Anonymous said...

I`m officially not going to buy that game. I was to let the guy a chance but this is to much for me. The lack of professionalisme and update are to much. I did buy the first game but I`m not going to encourage someone who don`t care about us.
Sorry Anthony but this is taking too much time for you to get the game done and updtae your fans would be appreciated but you don`t seem to care. I understand that you can be busy but hey, 2 minutes of your time once a month wouldn`t be that long for you to get us updated.

Good luck.

BoxMan said...

Hey Anon,
Thanks for writing.

I understand your frustrations.
Believe me when I say there is no-one keener than I to get this done. But done how? Half hearted? Average? No. Not on my watch.

There's an update going up now. Should help relieve a little of the stress and explain the latest 'sheenanigans'!

Also, please note if you want to chat about the game, encourage me, get reassurance things are happening or give me a kick up the ass, email me via the contact page. This blog (as you know) is only updated occassionally but that doesnt mean things are not developing. I ALWAYS reply to BM players. Why? 'cause I do care.

Box On!
Anthony.